My bf and I went to Disneyland yesterday so I decided to do some Disney nails! :)
This my first attempt at putting together a photo tutorial. Let me know what you think and if you find it helpful!
Step 1: Prep your nails and paint
For me this entails removing old polish, filing my nails to the right shape, using Essie’s Disappearing Trick to help remove my cuticles, and applying a base coat. Then I applied 2-3 coats of Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure’s All Fired Up (red) and Zoya’s Pippa (yellow).
Step 2: Begin your design
Thumb - Draw a vertical line (that will be the edge of the D) with a white nail art pen/brush. It helps to look at the Disney logo.
Index - Use a white nail art pen/brush to make a glove. It doesn’t have to be perfect since you will be using black to outline it in the next step.
Middle - Use a dotting tool or nail art pen to make white polka dots. I started by making a vertical line of 4 dots down the center of my nail and then adding columns of alternating dots on both sides (twice).
Ring - Use a dotting tool to make a large circle with black polish.
Pinky - Cover the bottom 1/3-1/2 with black polish (sorry for the mess, I need to buy a new bottle!).
Step 3: Add the finishing touches
Thumb - Complete the D with a white nail art pen/brush. I also added a little heart in the corner (it’s not really visible), by making a “V” shape with a white nail art pen/brush.
Index - Use a black nail art pen/brush to outline the glove and the fingers. Add a line across the bottom for the “wrist” and then two lines on the “palm.”
Middle - Already done! I was contemplating adding a black bow since this is supposed to be Minnie’s dress, so you could easily add this with a black nail art pen/brush.
Ring - Use a dotting tool to make 2 smaller black dots on top of the larger dot you made above.
Pinky - Use a white nail art pen/brush to draw 2 lines in the middle of the red portion of your nail.
Finally, I added a topcoat (I like Seche Vite) and used Essie’s Quick-E drying drops to set my design. All finished!
I hope this tutorial was at least a little helpful. I’ll be trying to do more in the future and maybe a video? We’lll see. :)
Reblogged from: fancyfingernails
Originally posted by: nailyoudown
- invictussoul likes this
- virginiaaaan likes this
- illmakeyou-believe reblogged this from nailyoudown
- foreverlikes reblogged this from fuckyeahprettynails
- mstokes2008 reblogged this from lovepeacenails6691 and added:
- lovepeacenails6691 reblogged this from fancyfingernails
- lovepeacenails reblogged this from fancyfingernails
- daniamb reblogged this from anavillalva
- daniamb likes this
- anavillalva reblogged this from tons-de-felicidade
- tons-de-felicidade likes this
- tons-de-felicidade reblogged this from fuckyeahprettynails
- dearsincerelyyoursceline likes this
- theonethatmakesyourheartbeat reblogged this from fuckyeahprettynails
- fuckyeahgahbz reblogged this from nailyoudown
- ni-haokayla reblogged this from fuckyeahprettynails
- fforeveryourstorm likes this
- enjolrassflag likes this
- dreamyhouses likes this
- seventhoct likes this
- notsoallamericangirl likes this
- iknowyour-awesome reblogged this from fuckyeahprettynails
- touchmysteeze likes this
- shomo520 likes this
- fuckenjazmin likes this
- ohsamiee likes this
- rareglamour reblogged this from fuckyeahprettynails and added:
- ladyleong likes this
- laaadyjaja likes this
- vonca likes this
- sunrayonsunday likes this
- clreena likes this
- juicetinee likes this
- lovelyromellaa likes this
- freakinflor3n likes this
- ohhjoann likes this
- aprylita reblogged this from fuckyeahprettynails
- missnessahh likes this
- skimmilkk likes this
- onlythayna likes this
- camillesioco likes this
- paulisper likes this
- elsaaaaa likes this
- 022098 likes this
- lettydoesntbite-hard likes this
- moooogan reblogged this from fuckyeahprettynails
- aliyaforte likes this